Monday, August 23, 2010

Remedy for the Sunday Blues


Sunday Blues....we all get them! Laundry, cleaning, packing lunches, etc...the clock ticks and it's hours away from the dreaded Monday morning. Countless Sundays have been spent begging Brett to let me be a stay at home wife (anyone who knows me knows that this is ludicrous!)and decorate the home/cook...all so I don't have to get back to the phone, computer, etc on Monday morning. Millions of people in this country (hence Thursday morning statistics released) are suffering from layoffs and jobless days. It was time to stop the bellyaching and kick those Sunday Blues!

Every Sunday I begin preparing a artery clogging meal with all the trimmings, bread, and dessert. Christmas and Easter shouldn't be the only time we use the dining room....or the Waterford. So I haven't exactly broken out the cloth napkins, but you get the point. Candles lit, Jack Johnson dancing through the air, and my husband leading us in grace. Sunday nights are our time...and we no longer make time for the Sunday Blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment